Faculty and Staff Book Delivery
In general, most materials from the MERIT Library may be checked out by undergraduates for four weeks, and may be renewed twice. The standard loan period for faculty, staff and graduate students is until the end of the semester. Patrons with more than five "lost" items will be blocked from checking out other materials.
MERIT Library Circulation Policy Table (undergraduates)
|Collection ||Loan Period ||Fines? ||Who May Check Them Out |
|Professional * ||4 weeks ||No fines ||Anyone with a valid ID / borrowing card |
|PreK-12*+ ||4 weeks ||No fines ||Anyone with a valid ID / borrowing card |
|*Videos ||2 weeks ||No fines ||Anyone with a valid ID / borrowing card |
|Reserves ||3 day, 3 hour ||$2.00/hr ||Anyone with a valid UW-Madison ID |
|Journals ||Do not circulate ||NA ||NA |
|ETS Microfiche ||Do not circulate ||NA ||NA |
|Reference Collection ||1 day ||NA ||NA |
| Restricted Tests ||Usually 3 days ||$.60/hr ||UW-Madison ID holders with
| Equipment ||4 days ||$20/day ||Students, fac & staff in the School of Ed |
|Microfiche Readers ||4 weeks ||$20/day ||Anyone with a valid ID / borrowing card |
|*Except Videos which check out for two weeks |
+Materials designated with an LT before the call number may only be checked out by UW-Madison ID and Courtesy Card holders
- The MERIT Library participates in open return, which means that patrons can return items from any UW-Madison campus library (or any UW System Library) to the MERIT Library.
- The MERIT Library has an outdoor materials return bin located outside of the Teacher Education Building on Clymer Place.
- Reserve Materials and Equipment must be returned directly to the circulation desk, promptly at the time specified. They may not be placed in the outdoor materials return bin.
- If you have received a bill for the replacement cost of an item, and the item is not lost - simply return the item to the library and the fine will be removed.
- If you have received a bill for an item, which you believe that you have returned. Please complete the Claims Appeal Form.
- All fines must be paid at Memorial Library, Room 170.
- If you have received a fine for equipment or reserve materials, and you wish to contest/question/appeal the fine file an Equipment Fines Form.