Digital Measures allows you to create multiple biographical sketches with information previously entered into the database. You can name your sketches for each grant application. The sketches can be saved, duplicated and edited for future applications.
Quick Tip: The biographical sketches will allow you to select previously entered data to populate your sketch. If you do not see an item you entered previously into intellectual contributions, it may be because you did not enter peer review data. When you edit the original intellectual contribution item, it will appear as a selection in the biographical sketch screen.
The first screen is a summary screen of your NIH biographical sketch entries. Click on an entry to edit the item.
Create a new biographical sketch
- Click on +Add a New Item.
- Enter an identifying label for your biographical sketch. This label is not printed in the report. Rather, it is used for identification when you have multiple sketches.
Select up to four peer reviewed publications to include in the biographical sketch. To add additional publications, indicate the quantity and click +Add in the shaded relevant publications box. Intellectual contribution items that have been peer reviewed and entered in the intellectual contributions screen will appear in a pull down menu in order for you to select. If you do not see an item entered previously in the pull-down list, go to the original entry and make sure the peer review information is correct. Make sure to click save at the top of the screen so that you can continue building this biographical sketch.
- The lower portion of the NIH screen is a shaded contributions to science box. Briefly describe up to five of your most significant contributions to science. For each contribution, indicate the historical background that frames the scientific problem; the central finding(s); the influence of the finding(s) on the progress of science or the application of those finding(s) to health or technology; and your specific role in the described work. For each of these contributions, reference up to four peer-reviewed publications that are relevant to that contribution. The description of each contribution should be no longer than one half page including figures and citations.
To add more than one intellectual contribution or intellectual property, associated with the first contribution, indicate the number in the shaded relevant publications or non-publication research product box, and click on +Add.
- To add more than one contribution to science, indicate the number in the shaded contribution box, and click on +Add button.
- When you have completed entering information on this screen, click Save or Save +Add Another.