MERIT Library accepts course reserve requests from faculty, TAs, and staff throughout the year and processes them in the order they are received. Expect processing delays at the beginning of each semester. To ensure materials are available by the start of the class, submit requests 2 weeks before the beginning of the semester
Request to add course reserves
- Complete the Course Reserves Request form
- If MERIT doesn’t already own requested materials, we can arrange to borrow or purchase most items
- Want to put personally owned materials on reserve?
- Print and fill out a Personal Items Reserve List form
- Bring printed form to MERIT library public service desk (along with the items)
- NOTE: MERIT is not responsible for any damaged or lost personal items
- All reserve items will be removed at the end of the semester unless instructors have notified MERIT materials will be needed in the next semester
E-reserves (or e-readings) are hosted within Canvas. While Canvas is not a library hosted service, MERIT staff are available to assist with e-reserve/e-readings pages in Canvas. Including:
- Creating new content
- Managing files and links
- Consulting on matters related to copyright and fair use (see also: UW-Madison Libraries Copyright & Fair Use)
Course Reserve vs. General Purchase Request:
Adding a course reserve is NOT the same as requesting a collection purchase. If you would like to request a book be added to the MERIT library circulating collection, complete the Recommend Collection Purchase form. You can also Request a Purchase through UW-Libraries website.