UW Policy requires all devices connected to the campus network to have all operating system software, device firmware, application software, and other hardware current with the latest security-related patches from the vendor. MERIT has several remote tools that keep computers up to date and we also manually install updates at user requests and as needed during onsite visits for other support requests.
- UW-Madison School of Education faculty and staff
- University-owned School of Education PA, TA, or student hourly or production shared use computers
- Full support – University-owned computer, less than three years old, with full warranties in place
- Limited support – University-owned computer, original purchase date between 3 and 7 years ago; PA, TA, or student hourly or production shared use computers
- No support – University-owned computer, original purchase date 7 or more years ago; computers that no longer comply with the UW-Madison Policy on Electronic Devices Connected to the UW-Madison Network; computer purchases with personal funds; computers managed by WCER Technical Services
- Subject to MERIT’s Computer Support Policy
- Costs for software updates requiring standalone or individual licenses will be paid by the department