Planning a virtual event and need assistance?
MERIT staff is available to do an initial 1 hour consult to determine our ability to support your virtual event. In general, MERIT can support virtual events that are shorter in duration (less than 5 hours), and for which a registration fee is not charged. This service is available to individuals affiliated with a School of Education Department or Unit.
As part of our virtual event support service, we will:
- Consult with you to find the best UW-Madison supported tool(s) for hosting your virtual event (e.g. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, Canva, Google Meet, MS Teams, WebEx, Zoom)
- Advise you on the execution of your virtual event
- Provide technical support during your virtual event
MERIT recommends that you connect with PLACE for virtual event support with any of the following criteria:
- Requires more than 5 hours of support
- Needs broad assistance with conceptualizing an event
- Has registration fees
- Is a conference or similar to a conference (e.g. has multiple concurrent sessions)
- Needs pre-event media creation (e.g. web sites, videos, slides, etc.)
- Is hosted by a user that is not affiliated with a School of Education Department or Unit