The MERIT Library provides services and resources to the faculty, staff and students of the School of Education, UW-Madison, the Wisconsin education community and beyond.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
The MERIT Library collection, supporting the School of Education’s Teacher Certification Programs, includes scholarly and PreK-12 print, media, and electronic information sources. The collection is developed in collaboration with the Libraries of the UW-Madison and of the UW System. New materials suggestions for the MERIT Library are welcome and encouraged in order to insure our materials are aligned with changing curriculum needs.
To learn more about our library material collection.
The Reserve Collection at MERIT Library is intended to provide limited access to high-demand materials for School of Education courses, particularly those which support the teacher training and preparation programs. Items in this collection are submitted by instructors for students currently enrolled in UW-Madison and have restricted circulation periods.
- Instructors: Place Item on Reserve
- MERIT Library accepts reserve requests at any time and processes them in the order they are received.
- The physical reserve collection is kept behind the MERIT Service Desk
- A valid UW-Madison ID card or UW-Madison borrowing card is required to check out reserve materials
- Members of the PK12 community and guests of the UW-Madison School of Education without a valid UW-Madison borrowing card may check out the materials for in-library use only
- Reserves acquire a $2.00/hour fine with a maximum accumulated fine of $50.00 per item.
- To avoid overdue charges, MERIT Library advises users to return reserve materials directly to the MERIT Library Circulation Desk
Library Research Support
MERIT Library provides research help and guidance for students, faculty, and staff of the School of Education. Whenever possible, we provide assistance to anyone interested in education research, including other UW affiliates, Wisconsin educators, and citizens. Article & Book Discovery UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students, have many ways to obtain materials. MERIT’s reference librarians can help you request articles, books, CDs, videos, and more from campus and state library partners. Citation Manager Support MERIT research librarians can offer support in navigating the various citation management software tools available at UW-Madison. Service Desk The MERIT Service Desk has a physical presence within MERIT Library. Research librarians are available during MERIT Library hours.